SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, June 20, 2014

Instagram Made Me Do It #2 | Pretty Zombie Cosmetics

Here I am, with another Instagram Made Me Do It post. 

Today I will be reviewing the most talked about Pretty Zombie Cosmetics liquid lipsticks. I have seen swatches of these liquid lipsticks flowing around on Instagram, but it never cross my mind as something that I must try, well not until I saw @nancys0fresh (you guys know her? the lipstick queen? yeah I love her Instagram!) posted a picture of these six weeks ago stating that she really wants to try them. 


I ordered two Pretty Zombie Cosmetics liquid lipsticks on the 8th of May and I waited twelve days with no shipping confirmation etc, as usual, I kind of panic a bit cause I have never deal with them before and I wasn't sure if they're legit or not. So I emailed them asking for the tracking number and they emailed me back within 12 hours to confirm parcel is on the way to me and they also provided me a tracking number.

I received my package on the 3rd of June, altogether it took 26 days including weekends.

When I opened up my package, it was love at first sight ♥. I bought 3 Witches and Potion #9. Each liquid lipstick comes packaged in a (I think it's clear?!) plastic tube, the design is simple and I like it. A red hair zombie girl and the name of the liquid lipstick is printed on a white sticker which wrapped around the cap.

Potion #9 

Potion #9 is described as a "pastel purple" liquid to matte finish. The color from the tube looks pretty and when applied on my lips, it's even more prettier. This is my favourite of the two!

Pretty Zombie Cosmetics liquid lipstick in Potion #9 - swatches on lips
3 Witches 

3 Witches is described as a "deep purple" liquid to matte finish. It looks like a dark purple from the tube, but looks almost like a blue on the lips.

Pretty Zombie Cosmetics liquid lipstick in 3 Witches - swatches on lips
Pretty Zombie Cosmetics liquid lipstick - swatched on skin

These liquid lipsticks are liquid to matte finish and you should allow 90 second to dry.

When I first applied these on my lips, it feels watery, kind of like the Lime Crime Velvetines; then it dries pretty fast to a matte finish which is very similar to the Australis Velourlips. I must say thou, the feel of this is must better than Velvourlips, as Velvourlips tends to make your lips looks cracky, and if you have dry lips, they tend to make your lips looks like it's filled with loads of weird dry patches.

Pretty Zombie Cosmetics have recommended to apply the liquid lipsticks with the lipstick wand, and I love that it allows me to apply smoothly. Both 3 Witches and Potion #9 are very pigmented, one layer of the product allows it to cover my full lips and they don't smell or taste like anything, bonus for those who can only accepts scentless lips products. 

The thing I am most afraid of while wearing any type of lips products is the stain, surprisingly the Pretty Zombie Cosmetics liquid lipsticks doesn't stain as badly. Potion #9 didn't stain at all and 3 Witches only stained a little. Both can be easily removed with a makeup wipe. 

Overall Rating: 4.5/5
image
Customer service: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
             Pricing: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
        Pigmentation: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 
       Application: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 

I am keen to get more of these in the future! I have had my eyes on Spellbook and Pink Potion for a long time, but every time I check it on their website, it's always sold out! 

Have you tried Pretty Zombie Cosmetics? What do you think of their liquid lipsticks?

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi6EtrxpdQ4aZ7emfYLjPRfq6FFoycZv3e0inaEvFCrddAHpMKMUoSxA_CE0gBu-VqiHOOvhP05wWlqG84IqcPveD9h7oLfJqzB0UjMBAkgHLznY1XZ3JXxF4MT9T-dlFLALsUxLnBZz3U/s1600/11+copy.png

10 comments :

  1. Oh wow these look amazing! They remind me so much of limecrime. The colours are crazy! x

    Angela | The Sunday Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, freaking gorgeous they are on your lips! I can totally see these being wearable with a simple or dark smokey eye! I actually like both, not too yellow toned at all and they're so opaque! I've never heard of this brand before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharlynn x I love that these don't make my teeth looks yellow! or not super yellow.

      Delete
  3. AHH! These are beautiful, I love the packaging and I love liquid lipstick. Definitely going to check these out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Me too ^-^ The packagings are so simple and nice x

      Delete
  4. First of all, the shades are weird! LOL but good-weird. The packaging is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like weird is a cool thing right now :p x

      Delete
  5. I've never heard of the brand before but theses are AMAZING! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally try them Kelly x they're ahhmazeball!

      Delete

** Comments are moderated and will not show up immediately **

Thank you for dropping by my blog ♡ feel free to leave your blog links, but other promos such as - follow to follow - and/or inappropriate advertising will be mark as spam.